SUPPORT THE AURORA PICTURE SHOW!
I received a Facebook message from Andrea Grover of the essential Houston cinema space Aurora Picture Show. Like all non-profits, they are operating within a stressed economy, and recently they experienced a financial setback: their office was robbed and, after years of premiums and no claims, their office insurer denied them over a technicality. I’m taking the liberty of forwarding a blog post detailing ways to support them. If you live in Houston or just want to help a great film art space, please consider becoming a member. Memberships start at $30 and go as high as $5,000. You can help them cover their losses, replace equipment, and provide a space for alternative film to be viewed all at the same time.
Here are the Top Ten Ways to Support Aurora from Andrea:
By now, you have probably heard that Aurora Picture Show is in the midst of a rough patch due to decreased grant funding, underwriting and our unfortunate break-ins. Despite an amazing year with stellar programming, innovative partnerships, and our best attendance, we have been hit.
You may be thinking that you would like to help, and are not sure how you can do it with your limited resources, but there are so many ways to support Aurora right now. We wanted to take a moment and give you the top ten ways you can help Aurora bounce back in 2010.
2. Attend our shows and bring a friend
3. If you know a company or foundation or patron that might be interested in supporting Aurora, let us know. We are always looking for in-kind donations or new friends to help us grow.
5. Vote for us with the Chase Community Giving program on Facebook.
6. Buy gift memberships for your friends for the holidays
7. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook and spread the word to your friends. Invite them to be fans and RT our posts. We also love to hear your reactions online!
8. Check if your employer gives matching gifts
9. Forward this blog article to friends
10. Shop for Aurora Purchase holiday gifts using Aurora’s Amazon link