KAREN SCHMEER FELLOWSHIP ANNOUNCED; DEADLINE DEC. 15
From the group’s website:
We are now accepting submissions for the Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellowship. Awarded annually, the Fellowship was created to honor the memory of gifted editor, Karen Schmeer.
The deadline to apply is December 15, 2010.
The first Fellowship will be awarded by the end of February 2011.
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM:
The Fellowship is a year-long experience that encourages and champions the talent of an emerging editor. It creates opportunities to help cultivate an editor’s artistry and craft, and expand his or her professional and creative community. The Fellowship is designed to broaden an editor’s horizons, and includes:
• A mentorship with an ACE editor, tailored to the fellow’s interests – in partnership with ACE
• A class at the Manhattan Edit Workshop – New York’s premier Apple, Adobe & Avid authorized training center
• Full festival passes to ACE EditFest in New York and Los Angeles – weekend seminars with working experts in the field of editing
• SXSW Film Festival Film Badge – full access to films, panels, mentor sessions & more at South By Southwest in Austin, Texas
• Independent Film Festival of Boston Chrome Festival Pass – full access to films, panels & more
• Travel expenses to one of the aforementioned festivals or to the Manhattan Edit Workshop (airfare, 4 nights of hotel, per diems)
• $500 online gift certificate to Powell’s Books in Portland, Oregon (Karen’s favorite)
• A year-long membership to DocuClub, Arts Engine’s monthly screening series of documentaries in rough cut stage, in NY
• Additional opportunities still being explored
For more information about Fellowship benefits and eligibility requirements, please visit the FAQ page.